Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Overnight oats

So maybe I'm new to the party, but I just discovered overnight oats, thanks in large part to Angela at Oh She Glows. What a yummy, easy morning breakfast routine!

You can check out the recipe over on her site, but the gist of it is this:
  • 1/3 cup of oats
  • 3/4 cup almond milk (I'm on a real almond milk kick these days but I suppose you could use milk of any kind)
  • a small banana (I freeze all my banana in chunks to use in smoothies, so I tossed in a few of those and it was fine)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (again ran out of vanilla over the weekend, so had none to add... still tasted ok -- mental note to self: add vanilla to shopping list)
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds 

Here's the before shot:


Wake up the next morning and it's formed a nice gloopy bowl full of deliciousness. Add some sweet to it in the form of a nut butter and maple syrup for maximum deliciousness!

After the overnight hours in the fridge, magic gloopyness occurs. It's hard to see the difference in the photo, but believe me, the liquid has all been absorbed into the oats and the chia seeds are all plumped up.


Try it! It's yum and requires little to no effort, which is of the utmost importance for my morning routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment