Thursday, March 24, 2011

First day of school!

Well, yesterday was my first day of school. And it's been a long time since I've said that! So as many of you know as I alluded to it in previous posts, I made a decision back in January/February to enroll at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition to pursue getting the Registered Holistic Nutritionist designation.

 Three words: I LOVED IT!

There's no doubt, it's going to take work, it's not going to be an easy ride. But excited, that I am. I have to take 17 courses, pretty much back to back for the next two years. In addition, I have to fulfill at least 50 practicum hours, complete 12 case studies, and of course, pass the final exam. Oh and last but certainly not least, all the while keeping a minimum of an 80% average.

I have to read a little more into the case studies, but from what I understand I have to find 12 people to be my guinea pigs!If you're interested let me know! But alas, I can't start any of my case studies until I finish certain courses, so that means not until at least July, but probably more like September.

Stay tuned folks, it's going to be a fun ride.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds tough, but glad you liked it! If you can have a long-distance guinea pig from Edmonton let me know what's involved, I'm probably game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be a guinea pig but I am a bit too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rae, I'm sending my daughter a link to your post. With all her dietary troubles, I think holistic nutrition may be the key for her getting well. (Latest news is that her mercury, lead and aluminum levels are high.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wordfiend's daughter, and wouldn't mind knowing more about this. Can you send her your email so I can email you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So a note to the want to be guinea pigs. My classes got all shifted around... long story, not worthy of your ears. So cannot do case studies until early 2012. Boo. I'm disappointed... But such is life, gotta keep moving.

    ReplyDelete